Natural Hair Care
- Wondering why are my edges breaking off? Learn why your edges are breaking and what you can do to fix the problem by treating your hair edges properly. Wig caps, braids, and lace front can damage edges. See how to repair your broken hair edges and protect your hair with a headwrap. If you are using glue on a lace front wig you can cause damage to your hairline as well if it is not properly applied. If you are not careful the wig tape and glue can break your hair line.
7 Reasons to Wear a Head Wrap While you Sleep
- Protecting your hair from breakage while sleeping.
- Preserving your blow out or flat iron.
- Hiding a bad hair day.
- Simply making a fashion choice to complement your outfit.
- Cultural or Religious reasons.
- Spa day, gardening, beach day, (keeping your hair out of your face)
- Health reasons, head wraps act as chemo hats.
A headwrap can add a great amount of style to any outfit.
Ladies, we now have access to many tools and information via the internet to help us make smart and educated choices when it comes to hair styles and hair protection. It is up to us to find the individual solutions we need. My devotion in starting Linda Christen Designs is based on providing women the opportunity to purchase head wear with satin and satin charmeuse linings and fun lifestyle options that can provide much needed hair protection and still accomplish the goal of looking good, as well as feeling fabulous from the inside out.
“Anyone can wear extensions and still have healthy hair,” says Melanye Maclin, MD, a dermatologist and hair loss expert in Washington D.C. “You just have to take the time to show your natural hair and the weave some TLC.”
Here's how to do it.
(Courtesy of Allure)
Actresses and models of color sit with our editor in chief, Michelle Lee, to discuss their natural hair journey.
ABOUT ALLURE The best daily makeup tips, skin-care advice, hair tutorials, product reviews, and videos from beauty experts.
We love visiting www.un-ruly.com to keep up on the current conversations women are having with their varying degrees of unruly hair. Feel free to join in on the conversation and share your own stories in the comments below.
(Courtesy of www.un-ruly.com)
IN THIS EPISODE Is it possible to put abrasive chemicals, like those found in perms (also known as relaxers) on your hair and still have healthy hair? Discuss!